Suv Rollover
Suv Rollover Dar & Deb at home......and away: Another semester finished

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another semester finished




My final grades are in for the two courses I took this summer. In Business Math, I got 94% or A+ and in Macroeconomics, I got 75% or B+...not bad considering we took time out for short vacation and I skipped a few classes in math. New semester begins in a couple of weeks and I am registered for 4 courses, two are online and other two are combination of online and in class. Unfortunately they are both Tuesday night so I'm hoping the teachers either choose different weeks or give us the choice of attending or not...somehow I'm sure I can work things out with both. It doesn't seem like the business continuing education department puts much thought into their scheduling of classes since there was a third course I need also Tuesday night and I was afraid to attempt to balance three courses all in same time slot.
Chris begins school next week. I have already been in to see guidance for him and we rearranged his first semester courses. He now will have his "special" school developed programming for math and English in morning and in afternoon he will take "regular" classes in Healthy lifestyle for men...fancy way of saying health and phys ed...and as his second class we managed to get him into grade 11 welding. He is thrilled with that!!! During this semester I hope to convince the school that he now requires a teaching assistant for "regular" classes because his second semester he has Civics, Geography and History. OMG!!!! He will have to have someone with him telling him to pay attention to the teacher and reminding him to take the notes and to study and helping with writing reports or tests. I hate to think of all the problems Chris would be unable to manage without a constant helping hand. At least we have a few months to get this into place before he runs into real school work. Although I do agree with the new principal that it isn't fair for the kids like Chris to be given diplomas equal to kids in mainstream classes, I just don't see how Chris is supposed to be able to accomplish "normal" classes when his education thus far has been anything but normal. The lesson he seems to have learned best is "how to avoid work" and unfortunately, thus far in high school, that has been by wandering around bothering others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google