Suv Rollover
Suv Rollover Dar & Deb at home......and away: CPAP update

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

CPAP update

Picture taken from web link of manufacturer. Mine is very similar but a new model.
I switched my mask last week, for a newer type CPAP mask called nasal pillows. Click that link to check it out. Deb calls this my scuba gear. Basically the other mask was just too hot. This one touches my face much less and I have also been able to lower the humidity level as well. The technician told me that this type of mask should make the pressure feel like more because it is direct into nostril rather than diffused over face first through mask. Deb says my occasional light snoring has stopped so the greater pressure of air must be just enough to correct that minor problem. I feel better using this mask although I do still wake up in the night from being too hot or knees hurt or whatever, but not as much as before. No weight loss yet but my legs have been very swollen with water retention/edema so that could be why I have gain rather than anticipated loss. Deb is getting used to more veggies and no bread in the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google